Friday, March 2, 2012

Favorite-Recipe Friday: Semi-Homemade Spaghetti Sauce

Why Favorite-Recipe Friday, you ask?  Well, what better time to try a new recipe than on the weekend?

I can't remember where I got the idea for this spaghetti sauce recipe.  I'm thinking it was out of a cookbook from the 30 Meals in One Day plan.  As usual, I tweaked it a bit and made it my own.  It's pretty easy and it has always been a hit.

 



Semi-Homemade Spaghetti Sauce

Ingredients:
•2 extra large (4 lb) jars of Ragú® Traditional Pasta Sauce
•1 lb lean ground beef
•1 lb Italian sausage
•1 cup chopped onion -or- 1/4 cup dried minced onion
•2 tsp minced garlic
•1/4 cup sugar
•1-1/2 tbsp Italian seasoning

Directions:
1. Brown ground beef and sausage with onion and garlic.
2. Add spaghetti sauce, sugar, and Italian seasoning.
3. Allow to simmer for approximately 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
4. In the meantime, boil up your favorite pasta according to directions on package.
5. Remove sauce from heat and spoon desired amount over your pasta.
6. Enjoy!

Tips:
•This makes a very large batch of sauce, which is great because it freezes beautifully; just divide the leftover sauce into freezer-safe containers.
•You can try spicy Italian sausage if you like your sauce to be spicy.
•Barilla® pastas are my favorite; they cook to a perfect al dente.
•This sauce is also great for lasagna, manicotti, stuffed shells, etc.

Well, there you have it.  I hope you enjoy your spaghetti (or whichever pasta you choose) and have a great weekend!

Do you have a favorite recipe that you would like to share? Well, send it to me and I will feature it on my blog.  Better yet, consider doing a guest post with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment