Thursday, March 1, 2012

A Few of My Favorite Things: Coffee Lover's Edition

Okay, you knew this one was coming! I am a total coffee lover and addict, so it is only natural that I share my favorite coffee makers, brands, flavors, creamers, etc.  I've turned into a bit of a coffee snob, as I've realized that not all coffee products are created equal.  And it's like I have said before, coffee isn't just a beverage; it's an experience.  These things make my coffee experience great:




Keurig:   If you’re a coffee lover, you have probably heard of and quite possibly may own a Keurig Brewer and some K-Cups.  These are such awesome brewers, and there are quite a variety of them now too, so most people can find one that suits them.  There are also many, many K-Cup varieties to choose from as well.  So, between the Keurig brewer of your choice and the K-Cup flavor of your choice, you have a perfect individual cup brewed every time.

Mr. Coffee:  This has always been my auto-drip brewer of choice for my regular ground coffee.  There is a huge variety of these brewers too.  I have a small 4-cup brewer that I use in the morning, which is perfect where I'm the only coffee drinker in the house (I can hear the collective gasp among my fellow coffee lovers).  I also got the new Mr. Coffee/Keurig brewer after I wore out my original Keurig, and it works like a champ.

Bodum French Coffee Press:   They say that coffee brewed in a French press is the best.  I gotta say, it really is pretty wonderful.  Coffee brewed in a French press is a bit more rich and flavorful because the natural oils are retained that can often be left in the filter when brewed the auto-drip way.  Whole beans that are coarsely ground just before brewing make for the best coffee prepared in a French press.  

GE One-Touch Coffee Grinder:   I don't actually buy whole beans and use a grinder that often, but when I do, this is the one that I use.  It has different settings according to the grind that you want, and it does a great job.

Green Mountain Coffee:   I am a huge fan of this coffee company.  They are my go-to place for K-Cups.  You can become a member of their Café Express and get discounts on coffee and accessories, including Keurig brewers, and you have coffee shipped to your house on a recurring schedule and in a quantity of your choice.  They have fabulous flavors in both K-Cups, and ground and whole-bean coffees, including their awesome seasonal blends.  You can also find other popular roasters on this site; Caribou Coffee, Tully's, Timothy's, Newman's Own, among others.  You will also find your favorite tea and hot chocolate in K-Cups, not to mention the iced tea and iced coffee varieties.  It really is a fabulous place for any coffee addict!

New England Coffee:   Okay, this company knows how to do flavored coffee!  It is so rich, smooth, and decadent without a trace of bitterness.  I have never seen quite a variety of flavors.  They also have seasonal flavors, but instead of one seasonal flavor at a time, there are four or more; seriously, how does Bananas Foster, Cinnamon Sticky Bun, or Brownie Toffee Crunch sound?!  Another great thing about this coffee is that you can get it in a custom ground that suits your brewer.  This place is definitely a coffee lover's dream!

Coffee Mate:   This has always been my creamer of choice.  They have both regular creamer and powdered, though I prefer regular, and a great variety of flavors, seasonal and otherwise.  I love their new Café Collection and Natural Bliss flavors!

Maxwell House International Café:   I have been drinking these for years.  They really are a yummy, creamy treat.  Sometimes, instead of hot water, I will mix this with regular coffee; super rich!

Well, there you have it.  These are my favorite coffee products.

How about you, what are your favorite coffee products?  I always like trying new stuff!

Disclaimer:  I was in no way compensated for sharing my views or links of these products, and these opinions are my own.  

No comments:

Post a Comment