Friday, September 7, 2012

Favorite-Recipe-Friday: Homemade Pesto

I had been buying the already-made pesto, either in a jar or packet that you mix with oil, and I decided that I really needed to try making my own.  I looked around online and experimented a bit, and this is what I came up with. 






Trin's Homemade Pesto for Pasta (or whatever)

Ingredients:
  • 3/4 cup fresh -or- 3 tbsp dried basil
  • 1/2 tsp salt
  • 1/4 tsp black pepper
  • 2 cloves garlic
  • 1 tbsp dried parsley
  • 1/2 cup olive oil
  • 1 tbsp softened butter
  • 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
  • 2 tbsp pine nuts or sunflower kernels (optional)

Directions:
  1. In a food processor or blender, mix basil, salt, pepper, garlic, parsley, olive oil, seeds or nuts, and butter until well blended.
  2. Pour mixture into a bowel and slowly fold the Parmesan cheese into it until well mixed.
  3. Pour over and stir into your favorite (already prepared) pasta or you can put it on salad, rub it on steak or chicken, or whatever strikes your fancy. I mix mine with penne or rigatoni pasta and serve it up with a steak (pictured) or chicken. The possibilities are endless!
  4. Enjoy!
Well, there you have it! So easy!  I hope you enjoy your pesto and pasta or whatever you decide to have it with, and have a great weekend!

Do you have a favorite recipe, well send it to me and I will feature it on my blog.  Better yet, consider doing a guest post with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment