Friday, September 28, 2012

Favorite-Recipe Friday: My Husband's Salsa Recipe

Why favorite-recipe Friday you ask?  Well, what better time to try a new recipe than on the weekend?!

This Friday I am sharing my husband's homemade salsa recipe.  He got this recipe from his friend, Jose, but he is a lot like me in that he tweaks recipes to make them his own.  Some of these measurements are very approximate because my hubby doesn't care much for measuring ingredients; he just throws them in and hopes for the best... It usually turns out okay though... Seriously though, this is really good salsa!




Blake's Homemade Salsa


Ingredients:
  • 8 tomatoes
  • 3 jalapeno peppers
  • 3 manzano (apple) peppers*
  • 3 cloves of garlic
  • 1 onion (preferably sweet)
  • 1 cup fresh cilantro (more or less to taste)
  • 1 tsp salt (more or less to taste)
  • 1 tsp dried oregano (more or less to taste)
  • lime juice ( I think he squeezes about half of a lime in)

Directions:
  1. Roast the tomatoes and peppers on the grill.
  2. Peel the tomatoes.
  3. Remove all or most of the seeds from the peppers (depending on how spicy you like it)
  4. Put all the ingredients in a blender or food processor and blend until well mixed.
  5. Pour into a bowl, cover, and store overnight in the fridge for best flavor.
  6. Enjoy!
*Manzano (apple) peppers are hard to find unless you have a specialty store nearby.  You can try other peppers like banana peppers, habanero peppers, Anaheim peppers, etc.  Just experiment and find what you like.

I told you that these measurements were very approximate.  You'll want to tweak the ingredients to your liking and just have fun with it. 

Well, there you have it.  I hope you enjoy your salsa and your weekend!

Do you have a favorite recipe that you would like to share?  Well, send it to me and I will feature it on my blog.  Better yet, consider doing a guest post with me.   

No comments:

Post a Comment