Thursday, February 9, 2012

A Few of My Favorite Things: Great-Skin Edition, vol. 1

I am all about taking good care of my skin, and here are just a few of the products I use on a regular basis.


Neutrogena Healthy Skin Anti-Wrinkle night cream.  This stuff is my favorite night cream right now.  It has retinol and antioxidants, and it's not only good for fine lines, but it helps the breakouts I still seem to get well into my 30s!

Neutrogena Healthy Skin face lotion spf 15.  This is as good as its nighttime counterpart. It has antioxidants too, but it has glycolic acid as the wonder ingredient.  Glycolic acid is great for fine lines, large pores, and breakouts as well.  This is the only spf lotion that doesn't cause me to break out.

Olay Definity line.  Olay really has some great products. I like the Definity line because it really does seem to help those pesky discolorations and spots we seem to get as we get *ahem* older.

L’Oreal Revitalift eye cream.  This is a great eye cream.  It has Pro Retin-A, a mild form of retinol, and it's gentle, but works!  This one has been around for awhile, but seems to be a lot of women’s go-to eye cream.

L’Oreal go 360° Clean cleansers.  When these cleansers first came out, I thought, “Total gimmick,” but they are awesome little cleansers and I love the little scrublet that comes attached to the bottle.  There are four formulas, sensitive, anti-acne, deep clean, and an exfoliating scrub.

Jergens Overnight Repair lotion.  This is a wonderful lotion and it has a great smell.  It has glycerine listed second in the list of ingredients, which is what you want if you really want a rich and very-moisturizing formula.  The ingredients are listed highest to lowest in concentration on any label (just something to keep in mind), so if glycerine is in the top three in the list, you know it’s gonna do the job.    

Neutrogena Fresh Foaming Cleanser.  This is so gentle.  It’s a cleanser and makeup remover in one.  It always gets rid of my stubborn mascara and budge-proof makeup I sometimes wear, but it does not over dry the skin.     

Clinique 3-Step Skincare
.  I’ve always been a big fan of Clinique.  It is actually very reasonably priced for a department-store brand.  I’ve never tried a Clinique product I didn’t like, but the 3-step Skincare routine is the best place to start.  I actually prefer the Dramatically Different Moisturizing Gel as opposed to the lotion, but both are a fantastic moisturizer.  And the soap and the clarifying lotion come in different formulas according to skin type.  You can’t go wrong with this stuff!

Bath & Body Works Signature Collection.  I’m a HUGE fan of Bath & Body Works.  The lotion and body wash are fabulous feeling and smelling…Win, Win!  Not to mention the body spray to add the finishing touch.  My skin stays moisturized and lightly fragranced all day when I use this stuff.  They may be somewhat pricy, but they always have an awesome sale going on.  I think there is a fragrance to fit anybody’s taste… 

Caress Daily Silk body wash
.  I’m really liking this body wash.  It smells great and it really does help my skin retain the moisture.  It comes in a generous size, and has a pretty great price too. 

Avon Anew Clinical line.  This is not your grandmother’s skincare line!  All the Avon Anew products are great, but the Clinical line is fantastic!  The formulations are potent, but gentle, and do a great job.  There’s something for just about every skincare concern here. 

Avon Footworks line
.  This is a really effective yet very affordable pedicure line.  They have creams, lotions, sprays, scrubs, and treatments of all kinds.  And they always have seasonal scents and gift sets that are really fun.

Well, there you have it.  Just some of my favorites!  I hope you found this helpful… Do you have some favorite go-to skincare that you love?  If you do, I’d love to hear about it; I love trying new products!

Disclaimer:  I was in no way compensated for reviewing these products and these opinions are my own. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment