Thursday, February 16, 2012

A Few of My Favorite Things: Killer Rides Edition

1977 Chevy Camaro
I have mentioned in the past that I am a fan of muscle cars and motorcycles, so I thought I'd get in touch with my macho side and tell you what my favorite "killer rides" are.  Can I get a Tim Allen "Argh Argh Argh!" (or however you would spell that iconic sound he made.)  




Chevy Camaro  Both old and new, this is a thrill ride! The older Camaro pictured here is actually my husband's 1977 Camaro that he has had since high school.  The first time I drove it, my hubby said, "Well, stomp on it!" ...Wow! Hello power! The sound the engine makes when it's wide open...uh huh!...This car is, well...sexy!

Ford Mustang  This has always been my favorite car, though they did ruin it for awhile in the 80s; the look had no muscle and the fact that they put a four-banger in it...seriously, what was the point?!... There is an ongoing but friendly Mustang vs. Camaro debate between my husband and I, but I really do like them both.  I do, however, want to have a cherried-out 1969 Mustang one day!...a brand new Mustang Cobra would be pretty awesome too...in yellow please...

Dodge Charger  Well, I grew up watching The Dukes of Hazzard, so I naturally like the old 1969 Charger! What a car, right?!  I also really like the new one too.  It definitely says "tough." That's probably why they chose it for a cop car...kind of ironic when you think about it...

Dodge Challenger  I love how the new one really has a very similar look to the old 1970 one.  This one may not be as popular as its other muscled counterparts, but it is still a great car.

Chevy Corvette  Aw yes, the "Vette."  This is one car, though I prefer the old 1969 body style, that has always been a beautiful car!  Unlike the Mustang and Camaro (sorry fans) who took the muscle out of the design for some years, the Corvette has always had the right, all-American look.  They also have a bit of a distinctive sound when that engine revs...

Harley Davidson.  You can hear it without seeing it, and know when one of these is headed your way.  This is the King of motorbikes!  One day, me and the hubby will be decked out in leather and riding one of these bad boys!

American Chopper  After watching a few episodes of the show and watching these super cool bikes being built, I've really wanted one!  The crafstmanship is amazing.  I would love one all decked out in red, white, and blue...totally Americana!

Can-Am Spyder  My aunt has one of these.  It is one fabulous machine!  I'm a bit of a klutz, but because of the three wheels, I think I could handle this baby (lol).  I kinda like the interesting spin on the traditional three-wheel bike; the two wheels are up front.  It definitely isn't a Harley or a Chopper, but it's still pretty great!

These next two aren't muscle cars or motorbikes, but I like them and decided they were noteworthy nonetheless.

Hummer  Well now, this thing just screams tough!  My hubby's uncle has one that he let us take for a spin...too much fun!  Talk about an all-terrain vehicle!  It's uber comfy to sit in too, which seen as I don't much care to drive and am usually a passenger, hey, that's important!  

Short Stepside Chevy Truck  I don't know why, but I have always loved these trucks.  I'm a fan of quite a few trucks, but there's just something about this one that I really like...maybe it's because it is short like me. Lol!

Well, there you have it, my favorite rides.  There are more great pics below.  Now that I have sufficiently got in touch with my masculine side, I think I'll go have a beer...



1969 Ford Mustang
  


2011 Ford Mustang Cobra
  




2011 Chevy Camaro
 

1969 Chevy Corvette








Harley Davidson





Can Am Spyder







1969 Dodge Charger




2011 Dodge Charger






Hummer H2
 

Short Stepside Chevy Truck
 

American Chopper
 

Dodge Challenger SRT















2 comments:

  1. You really are a "car chick" huh? Awesome. You wanna know something crazy? I work in automtoive marketing, meaning I'm around cool cars all the time! Jealous? LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I do love cars! :) ....OMG! That sounds like an awesome job! Yes, I admit to being jealous! Lol! ;)

      Delete