Friday, January 13, 2012

Favorite-Recipe Friday: Easy-Peasy French Dip Sandwiches

Why Favorite Recipe Friday, you ask? Well, what better time to try a new recipe than on the weekend?

I actually found this recipe idea in the coupons that come in the Sunday paper. It was on the same page as the Campbell's® Soup coupons, and I decided to give it a try. It ended up being a hit, and it's so easy!
  
Easy-Peasy French Dip Sandwiches 
  
Ingredients: 
•1 can (10 1/2 oz) Campbell's® condensed French Onion Soup & one can of water
•1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce 
•1/4 cup beef stock (optional*) 
•3/4 lb thinly sliced deli roast beef 
•4 hoagie rolls 
  
Directions: 
1. Heat soup, 1 can of water, Worcestershire sauce, and beef stock in a 2 qt saucepan over med-high heat to a boil. Add meat and heat through, stirring occasionally. 
2. Toast rolls. (I do this on a griddle)
3. Divide meat among rolls. 
4. Pour the soup mixture into small bowls for au jus for dipping. 
5. Enjoy! 
  
*I love using beef stock because it gives it a slow-cooked flavor. 
  
Other tips: 
•You can also top the sandwiches with Provolone or Swiss cheese. 
•Grilled onions and green bell peppers are always good. 
•Banana peppers are also another great addition. 
•Or just use your imagination and top with whatever you like. 
  
Do you have a favorite recipe that you would like to share? Well, send it to me and I'll share it for you. Better yet, consider doing a guest post on my blog. 
  
Have a great weekend!  

2 comments:

  1. Sounds delicious! Your cooking love is inspiring....inspiring me to come to YOUR house for dinner! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, GF, you know I would love to have you ANYTIME!!!

      Delete