Monday, January 23, 2012

Just Some Random Facts About Me

I just thought I'd share some random, funny, and interesting facts about myself, you know, in case you were wondering. 

I'm an only child.  Yes I was spoiled, but my parents made good and sure that I was not one of THOSE only children; the kind who get everything they want and never have to work for anything.  I got a job when I was 16, bought my own car, and paid my own way...thank you very much! 

I'm a coupon-clipping fool.  Seriously, a coupon queen!  It's not to the point of extreme couponing, but I think that's only because I don't have enough time.

I'm a klutz.  Its true!  I'm clumsy as all get out! I run into stuff, trip over stuff, trip over my own two feet, etc., etc.  I've always got a bruise or boo boo of some sort.  I've also been in an Aircast boot due to said clumsiness. (My husband makes fun of me.)

I have a potty mouth.  Uh huh, I do.  It's definitely not one of my more lady-like or attractive traits, and I'm definitely not proud of it.  I have a hot Irish temper and I tend to swear like a sailor use colorful language when I'm being all impatient, annoyed, frustrated, etc. feeling passionate about something...yeah, I really need to work on that.

I'm always the girl with a plan.  I always have a plan A, usually a plan B, sometimes a plan C, and occasionally a plan D if I feel it's necessary.  I'm a bit anal to say the least. My husband just told me the other day that I have a five-track mind.  Yup, I tend to over think things and worry a bit much.  I also try to multitask, which, for me, is never a good idea...

I'm a shoe & bag/purse freak.  I mean what girl doesn't love accessories right?!...I have two door-hanger organizers for my purses...and a few purses on shelves...and maybe a couple more hanging on my bedroom doorknob...and, well you get the picture.  I have two different closets with shoes stacked on the floor.  The shoe addiction is really funny now that I work from home and am usually in fuzzy socks or slippers.

I love motorcycles.  Yes, besides my love of old muscle cars, I adore motorcycles, preferably a Harley...but any nice bike will do.  I used to go for rides with my dad all of the time when I was little.  I had my own little helmet and everything...He wasn't thrilled with my love of bikes as I got older, but it was his own fault after all. Lol.

I have an interesting music library.  Interesting because of the variety.  I have old classic rock, hard rock, heavy metal and those awesome hair bands from the 80s and early 90s.  I have a lot of other 80s music; I was born in the *ahem* 70s, so I love my late 70s and 80s music! I, of course, also love country music. I like alternative, grunge, R&B, pop, hip-hop, and rap. I even like classical and some opera. Switching from one song to the next, if set on random shuffle, is not only like switching gears, but like grinding gears and maybe missing a few!...I wonder what that says about me....

I sang in a choir.  Speaking of music, I sang in choirs from second grade, all the way to my junior year in high school.  I even had a solo or two...I can't sing quite as well as I used to though.  I guess your instrument can get rusty if you don't use it... (get your mind out of the gutter! Yes, Blake [my hubby], I mean you!)

I really do love gadgets.  Yes, a total gadget junkie! I have an older mp3 player, a couple different cameras, my iPhone, my Kindle Fire, and of course my desktop PC...and I plan on getting a laptop, a regular Kindle, an iPad, and when I upgrade my cellphone plan, I'm going to go Android and change my iPhone into an iPod touch (yes, you can do that; I've already checked)...I won't even go into gadgets for cooking and cleaning!...I may need an intervention!

I really am a wine lover.  I don't think it's to the point of being a wino (even though my hubby calls me one). There is just something about a great glass of wine. One of the most relaxing and therapeutic things for me is sipping a glass of wine while cooking a great meal...not to mention soaking in a hot bath while sipping some. Yup, it doesn't get much better than that.

I really do love my coffee!  For me, coffee isn't just a beverage that you consume to acquire caffeine. Coffee is a whole experience, from the aroma that fills the room while it is brewing to savoring that amazing flavor that comes with the first sip.  I love to just sit and relax, feel the warmth of the mug, and savor my coffee.  Don't get me started on some of the amazing creamers that are out there!..If you just drink coffee, but don't experience it and truly enjoy it, then you're drinking the wrong coffee.  And, no, not all coffee brands are created equal (just sayin).

So, there you have it, some random, funny, and interesting facts... when I get writing them all down, it occurs to me that I may need therapy...(Blake, you just shush!)

So, do you have any funny little quirks?....Please tell me I'm not the only one with issues!


8 comments:

  1. Its like we are the same person except that only child thing I have 5 siblings.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know right?! It's like I've said before, I don't know how we did not know just how much we had in common for all these years! Lol!

      Delete
  2. Dude, it's like we're twins. But I have 4 siblings!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMGosh, I love this! I also have a potty mouth! Well, at least I used to...thank God for deliverance, heehehe! Still blurt out every once in awhile! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Shan!...Lol! I'm getting better, but I still have those days... ;)

      Delete
  4. Gadgets, Wine, Music Library, Motorcycles, Coffee OH MY! We are so connected., amazing how so many of us are more alike than different! #FBF at Chasing Joy

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am an only child as well. But also got a job early, bought my own car, put myself through college, etc. Though I was spoiled in attention and not having to share that.

    I also rode motorcycle with my dad. He loved his Honda Goldwing.

    ReplyDelete