Friday, January 27, 2012

Favorite-Recipe Friday: The Amigo Sandwich

Why Favorite-Recipe Friday you ask? Well, what better time to try a new recipe than during the weekend.


I got this idea from a local restaurant (The Red Baron) that I used to work in years ago and that has been closed for awhile now.  I've never seen another one like it at any other restaurant.  It was my favorite sandwich, so I thought I would recreate it.



The Amigo Sandwich

Ingredients: (this will yield 3-4 sandwiches)
•6-8 slices of sourdough bread
•2 8oz packages of Hillshire Farm Deli Select® roast beef -or- roast beef from your deli
•1 8oz package of cheddar cheese
•1 small can of diced green chili peppers
•1 jar of your favorite salsa (we like Tostitos® Restaurant Style)

Directions:
1. Preheat your griddle to about 350° (you can use a frying pan or whatever you prefer)
2. Shred the cheese into a bowl and set aside.
3. Open and drain the chili peppers
4. Lay out your bread slices (3-4) and divide the roast beef evenly among them (enough for 3 or 4 sandwiches)
5. Top with a thin layer of chili peppers (you may not need the whole can)
6. Top with the shredded cheese and then another slice of bread
7. Lightly butter the top and bottom of your sandwich and grill until golden brown and cheese is melted
8. Remove from heat and cut in half diagonally
9. Pour salsa into small bowls so you can dip the sandwiches in the salsa
10. Enjoy!

I hope you enjoy your sandwiches, and have a great weekend!

Do you have a favorite recipe that you would like to share?  Send it to me and I will feature it on my blog.  Better yet, consider doing a guest post with me.    

1 comment:

  1. That looks good and I'd totally make it if I liked roast beef. Ha!

    ReplyDelete