Thursday, January 26, 2012

A Few of My Favorite Things: Awesome App Edition, vol. 1

I told you that I am an app queen, so I thought I would share a few of my favs...

Tweetcaster- This is an awesome Twitter client.  It has Twitlonger integration and it links with Facebook.  You can create smartlists to make things more organized.  It also has the cool "zip it" feature to hide topics (or people) that annoy you.

Facebook- The native app has been improved upon lately and I actually really like it. It's pretty compatible with the full site.

Pinterest- OMG! What can I say about this?! Pinterest is just fun and addicting, and with this app, I can pin on the go! Seriously, if you haven't tried Pinterest, you're missing out!

Evernote- This is one awesome app and organizational tool! I have it on my computer, on my Kindle Fire, and on my iPhone; it stays synced across all of them.  It's great for jotting down ideas, creating lists, etc.  You name it, it's great for it.  I've even written whole blog posts on it and copied it to my blog later.

Goodreads-  This site and app are a bookworm's dream.  Such a great way to discover books and make lists of what you want to read and have read, and share your opinions with others.

Foursquare-  This is a lot of fun.  A great way to check in.  I like it better than the facebook check-in because you can add pics, and you can share it on Twitter and Facebook at the same time. There's also a bit of a game aspect to it, and it notifies you if one of your friends are nearby.

Instagram-  This is a really fun app for sharing pics on Facebook, Twitter, Flickr, Tumblr, Foursquare, and Posterous.  It has some fun filters that can spruce up your pics.  It's a social site all its own too...this one is only in iTunes right now, but they are working on an app for Android and Windows phones.

Boxcar- I love using this for notifications from Twitter and Facebook. It can also be used with Google voice and many other apps, and it can also be linked to some email accounts.  You can customize a different sound for each one. It has a "quiet time" feature so that you don't have to worry about it waking you...this one is also iPhone only right now, but one for Android is in the works.

Instapaper-  This is great for when you run onto a news story, blog post, etc. that you don't have time to read, but want to save for later.  A lot of other apps support this app, so it's easy to save from them. You can customize the appearance to make it more comfortable to read.

Textfree Voice + VM-  I really love this app! Yes, it's free unlimited text messaging (pic messaging too), plus you can earn or buy minutes (quite cheap) for phone calls, and it has voicemail too.  I have really bad service with my current provider and this app has saved me more than once!  You get an actual number (you get to choose from a list) and it has some fun ring tones and text tones, and cool wallpapers.

This is just the tip of the iceburg of the list of apps that I really like. Notice that the title says vol. 1.  I'm sure I'll have another list for you in the near future...stay tuned...

Do you have some apps that you just couldn't live without?

Disclaimer:  I was in no way compensated for sharing my thoughts about these apps, and these opinions are my own. 

2 comments:

  1. LOVE!! Thanks for sharing, now I must go check out a few new ones to me! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Shan! I have lots more that I'll be sharing in the future! :)

      Delete